Although Kik is an amazing messenger yet it is also a big distraction. Who does not like chatting, making new friends, sending funny videos and much more? We never even realize how much of our time do we spend on this app. But many a times we have more important things to do. Like prepare for test or entrance exam or a speech or an interview. All this requires our full attention and concentration. But instead of deleting your account it is better to uninstall your app so that you can use it after your exam or other work. The deactivating the account is as simple as login. Now to deactivate Kik account, simply follow the below steps –
- Firstly go to ‘Settings’
- Then click on ‘Your Account’
- After this click on ‘Log Out’
- Then it will ask for an email address. Enter the email with which you had registered your Kik account.
- Kik will send you a deactivation link on your email ID.
- In case you are using older version of Kik you will see ‘Reset Kik’ instead of ‘Log Out’
- Sometimes the deactivation mail goes to junk mail. So if you cannot find your Kik mail be sure to check your Junk mail.
Main Reason to Deactivate Kik Account
Many a times it happens that people deactivate their accounts just because of some creeps. As Kik keeps the user anonymous it is very difficult to check if the person is who they are claiming to be. People have become very skilled at making fake IDs. This often leads to sending inappropriate messages or pictures to wrong people. This is a major issue for girls. So now what to do?
- Never ever send your personal images to unknown person.
- Be careful while add someone new to your friend list.
- Don’t share your personal things in your chats.
- You can also use TinEye. When someone approaches you ask for their picture. Then upload that picture on this app and TinEye will search literally almost every photo to see if any duplicate of that picture is available. So in case you find that the image has been used some other place which is not a social media account then you know that it is fake and you can simply avoid that person.
How to use your Deactivated Kik Account again?
- Just install Kik if you had deleted it.
- Then open the app and click on Kik Login and welcome again to the world of chatting.
- You might notice that the chats are still there but the messages have been deleted. This is because once you deactivate an account you lose your message history.
How to Block someone on Kik?
- To block anyone on Kik just go to that person’s profile icon on your chat.
- Then click on ‘More’.
- Tap on Block Name and then tap on Block.